Narrative: First Christian Church knows the church is not a building, but a network of people who are committed to following Jesus Christ and living his life-changing message of love as empowered by the Holy Spirit. Led by people who are striving to live as disciples of Jesus Christ, the ministries of First Christian Church focus on helping people Know Jesus Christ, Experience Extravagant Christian Hospitality, and Community, and Share Jesus’ Radical Message of Love.
Knowing Jesus Christ – The more we know Jesus, the more we will be transformed by him.
- Thoughtful worship with energetic praise, life-touching prayer, and relevant messages that call listeners to deepen their visible commitment to Jesus Christ, and a call for all to share in the Lord’s Supper;
- Sunday morning and weekday Bible classes that study the life and ministry of Jesus Christ, help people receive him more deeply into their hearts and become his disciples.
- Age appropriate youth ministry that fosters Christian character and builds faith leaders;
- A mid-week gathering for quiet prayer, singing and faith-filled conversation.
Experiencing Extravagant Christian Hospitality that Heals Brokenness – Receiving everybody, rejecting nobody.
First Christian Church interprets human diversity as a gift of God, a sign of our collective strength, and an altogether good thing! Through these affirmations, we welcome all people into the fabric of faith and life in the church. Whatever your gender identification, race, culture, ethnic background, sexual orientation, economic circumstance, family configuration, age, mental health status, or difference in ability may be, you are a person of dignity and worth, and we will receive you with honor and joy!
Sharing Jesus’ Radical Message of Love that Overcomes Fear
We will help you form and share your story of God’s redemptive love, and to blend your experiences and talents with ours in bringing people of no faith to faith in Jesus; showing care for hurting people, and refusing to remain silent when violence, discrimination, and hate threaten God’s people.
- Weekly refreshments to A Renewed Mind https://www.arenewedmindservices.org/findlay
- Periodic support of SAFY https://www.safy.org/ohio/
- Partnership with LGBTQ+Spectrum http://www.spectrumoffindlaylgbt.org/
- Monthly Ministry and Worship with Fox Run Manor and Primrose care facilities in Findlay
- Shoe Box Christmas gifts
- Food gifts to Chopin Hall
- Financial gifts to Christian Clearing House are examples of what we are already doing under this category.
First Christian Church will deliver ministries under three categories:
- Knowing God through Jesus Christ
- Practicing Extravagant Christian Hospitality
- Sharing Christ’s Vision of Love and Justice